The smallest Holographic Weapon Sight! The Eotech EXPS3-4 holographic sight is far shorter than the old N-cell battery sight (511/551), the single 123 battery giving it a vastly greater battery life. The use of a single battery allows a much more compact red dot sight, using only 2 3/4 inches of rail space. The Eotech EXPS3-4 attaches to the rifle’s Picatinny or Weaver rail via a throw lever quick-detach system. The mount is 7mm higher to ensure compatability with a wide variety of night vision equipment and magnifiers. Zero is achieved via two recessed side mounted adjusters. These are clearly calibrated to avoid confusion. Transverse battery mounting banishes the old bugbear of recoil related battery contact issues. A 65 MOA circle with 1 MOA dots allows both fast alignment and great precision out to 600 meters with 5.56mm or .223 caliber weapons.
The Eotech EXPS3-4 can be used with nght vision, or the G23.FTS flip to side magnifier, the buttons having been moved to the left hand side to allow the magnifier or NV unit to be fitted very close to the HWS.
As with other Eotech HWS, the EXPS3-4 provides exceptionally fast target acquisition and is very tolerant of head placement and shooting position. Eotech vs Aimpoint the former is a lot less expensive although somewhat bulkier than Aimpoint’s compact models. Aimpoint vs Eotech, battery life is much reduced from that of the Aimpoint, lasting only hundreds rather than tens of thousands of hours.
This video explains the benefits of the Eotech holographic weapon sights (but shows older and discontinued models).
* Single transverse CR123 battery reduces sight length significantly
* Shortened base only requires at most 2 3/4 inch of rail space compared to the 4 inches required by the old N battery sights
* Battery cap and latch are replaced with a simple O-ring, tethered cap for much better sealing
* Battery compartment is raised to clear the delta ring of the rifle
* Typical battery life at brightness level 12 is roughly 600 hours, this is three times the battery life of N cell sights
* Reticle: 65MOA circle with 1 MOA aiming dot
The XPS3 is Night Vision compatible, for non-Night Vision compatible units see the XPS2 sights.
* Optics: Parallax free holographic
* Mag: 1x
* Eye Relief: Unlimited
* L/W/H: 3.5″x2.4″x2.4″ (88.9X60.96×60.96)
* Weight: 8oz (226 grams)
* Temp range: -40 to 150 F
* Waterproofing: Submersible to 10 meters or 33 ft depth
* Sealing: Fully fogproof internal optics
* Color/Finish: Non reflective black with hard coat finish
* Adjustment (per click): 0.5 MOA (1/2″ at 100 yds)
* Adjustment Range: +/- 40 MOA travel
* Mount: 1″ Picatinny (MIL-STD-1913) or Weaver rail
* Repeatability: Repeatable to 2 MOA after re-mounting
* NV Comatibility: yes, 10 setting (generation I-III+)
* Optical Surfaces: Anti-glare coating
* Window Dimensions: 1.20″ x 0.85″ (30 x 23mm)
* Front Window Material: 1/8″ solid glass
* Rear Window Material: Shatter resistant laminate (3/16″ thick)
* Field of View (100 yds): 30 yds (28m) at a 4″ eye relief
* Reticle Options: 65 MOA ring with a Single 1 MOA dot
* Brightness Adjustment Range: 146,000:1 brightest to lowest
* Night Vision Brightness Range: 1280:1 with NV switch engaged
* Power Source: (1) 123 lithium battery
* Battery Life: 600 continuous hours at nominal setting 12
* Brightness Settings: 30 settings with scrolling feature (10 settings for NV use)
* Auto Battery Check Indicator: Flashing reticle upon start-up
* Auto Shut-down: At 8 hrs- programmable to 4 hrs
Check the price of an Eotech EXPS3-4 Holographic Weapon Sight at Brownells, a name you can trust.
If you purchase from Brownells I will be paid an affiliate commission. This will help keep this site online and will not affect your purchase price.