The most compact Holographic Weapon Sight! The Eotech EXPS3-2 HWS holographic sight is even smaller than the former N-cell battery sight (511/551), the single 123 battery giving it a vastly greater battery life. The use of a single battery enables a much smaller red dot sight taking up a mere 2.75 inches of rail space. The Eotech EXPS3-0 to a Picatinny or Weaver rail via a single quick detach throw lever. The mount is 7mm higher to enable compatability with a wider range of night vision equipment and magnifiers and to enable the co-witnessing of back-up iron sights. The point of impact is adjusted via two clearly graduated, recessed side mounted dials. Transverse battery mounting eliminates any possibility of recoil-related battery contact issues. A 65 MOA circle with two 1 MOA dots, one at the centre and one below provide for fast target acquisition and precision. This sight is compatible with nght vision and the Eotech G23.FTS magnifier, the buttons having been repositioned to the left hand side to allow the night vision unit or magnifier to be mounted as close as possible to the HWS.
As with other Eotech holographic sights, the EXPS3-2 offers exceptionally fast target acquisition and is highly tolerant of head placement and shooting position. Eotech vs Aimpoint the former is significantly less expensive although somewhat larger than the latter’s compact models. Aimpoint vs Eotech, battery life is significantly less than for the Aimpoint, measured in hundreds rather than tens of thousands of hours.
* Single transverse 123 battery to reduce sight length
* Shortened base only requires at most 2 3/4 inch of rail space compared to the 4 inch N battery sights
* Battery cap and latch are eliminated and replaced with a simple O-ring, tethered cap; better sealing is achieved
* Battery compartment is now separated from the base to allow it to hover over the delta ring of the rifle
* Average battery life at brightness level 12 is roughly 600 hours, 3X battery life of N cell sights
* Reticle: 65MOA circle with two 1 MOA aiming dots
The Eotech XPS3-2 Holographic Weapon Sight is Night Vision compatible, for non-Night Vision compatible units see the XPS2 sights.
* Optics: Transmission holography - parallax free
* Magnification: 1x
* Eye Relief: Unlimited
* Length/Width/Height: 3.5″x2.4″x2.8″ (91.4X 60.9x71mm)
* Weight: 11.2 oz (317grams)
* Temperature: -40 to 150 F
* Waterproof: Submersible to 33 ft depth
* Sealing: Fogproof internal optics
* Color/Finish: Non reflective black with hard coat finish
* Adjustment (per click): 0.5 MOA (1/2″ at 100 yds)
* Adjustment Range: +/- 40 MOA travel
* Mount: 1″ Weaver or (MIL-STD-1913) rail. Adjustable for width variation
* Return to Zero: Repeatable to within 2 MOA after re-mounting
* Night Vision Compatibility: 10 brightness setting (generation I-III+)
* Optical Surfaces: Anti-glare coating
* Window Dimensions: 1.20″ x 0.85″ (30 x 23mm)
* Front Window Material: 1/8″ solid glass
* Rear Window Material: Shatter resistant laminate (3/16″ thick)
* Field of View (100 yds): 30 yds (28m) at a 4″ eye relief
* Reticle Options: 65MOA ring with two 1MOA dots
Check the price of an Eotech EXPS3-2 at Brownells, a name you can trust.
If you purchase an Eotech EXPS3-2 Holographic Weapon Sight from Brownells I will be paid an affiliate commission. This will help keep this site online and will not affect your purchase price.