The most compact Holographic Weapon Sight! The Eotech EXPS-3-0 holographic sight is even smaller than the former N-cell battery sight (511/551), the single 123 battery giving it a vastly greater battery life. The use of a single battery enables a much smaller red dot sight, taking up a mere 2 3/4 inches of rail space. The Eotech EXPS3-0 clamps to a Picatinny or Weaver rail via a single quick detach throw lever. The mount is 7mm higher to enable compatability with a wider range of night vision equipment and magnifiers. Point of impact is adjusted via two clearly graduated recessed side mounted dials. These are clearly calibrated to reduce confusion. Transverse battery mounting eliminates any possibility of recoil related battery contact issues. A 65 MOA circle with 1 MOA dot at the centre provides for fast target acquisition and precision.
This sight is compatible with nght vision, or the G23.FTS flip to side magnifier, the buttons having been repositioned to the left hand side to allow the magnifier or NV device to be fitted as close as possible to the HWS. As with other Eotech holographic sights, the EXPS3-0 offers exceptionally fast target acquisition and is very tolerant of head placement and shooting position. Eotech vs Aimpoint the former is significantly less expensive although somewhat larger than the latter’s compact models. Aimpoint vs Eotech, battery life is significantly less than for the Aimpoint, measured in hundreds rather than tens of thousands of hours.
* Single transverse 123 battery to reduce sight length
* Shortened base only requires at most 2 3/4 inch of rail space compared to the 4 inch N battery sights
* Battery cap and latch are eliminated and replaced with a simple O-ring, tethered cap; better sealing is achieved
* Battery compartment is now separated from the base to allow it to hover over the delta ring of the rifle
* Average battery life at brightness level 12 is roughly 600 hours, 3X battery life of N cell sights
* Reticle: 65MOA circle with 1 MOA aiming dot
The XPS3 is Night Vision compatible, for non-Night Vision compatible units see the XPS2 sights.
* Optics: Transmission holography – parallax free
* Magnification: 1x
* Eye Relief: Unlimited
* Length/Width/Height: 3.5″x2.4″x2.4″ (88.9X60.96×60.96)
* Weight: 8oz (226 grams)
* Temperature: -40 to 150 F
* Waterproof: Submersible to 33 ft depth
* Sealing: Fogproof internal optics
* Color/Finish: Non reflective black with hard coat finish
* Adjustment (per click): 0.5 MOA (1/2″ at 100 yds)
* Adjustment Range: +/- 40 MOA travel
* Mount: 1″ Weaver or Picatinny (MIL-STD-1913) rail
* Return to Zero: Repeatable to 2 MOA after re-mounting
* Night Vision Comatibility: yes, 10 setting (generation i-iii+)
* Optical Surfaces: Anti-glare coating
* Window Dimensions: 1.20″ x 0.85″ (30 x 23mm)
* Front Window Material: 1/8″ solid glass
* Rear Window Material: Shatter resistant laminate (3/16″ thick)
* Field of View (100 yds): 30 yds (28m) at a 4″ eye relief
* Reticle Options: 65 MOA ring with a Single 1 MOA dot
* Brightness Adjustment Range: 146,000:1 brightest to lowest
* Night Vision Brightness Range: 1280:1 with NV switch engaged
* Power Source: (1) 123 lithium battery
* Battery Life: 600 continuous hours at nominal setting 12
* Brightness Settings: 30 settings with scrolling feature (10 settings for NV use)
* Auto Battery Check Indicator: Flashing reticle upon start-up
* Auto Shut-down: At 8 hrs- programmable to 4 hrs
Check the price of an Eotech EXPS3-0 Holographic Weapon Sight at Brownells, a name you can trust.
If you purchase from Brownells I will be paid an affiliate commission. This will help keep this site online and will not affect your purchase price.