Aimpoint of Sweden have earned a well deserved reputation as the supplier of the toughest red dot sights on the market. Designing red dot sights to work in the toughest environments for the last four decades, Aimpoint have essentially cornered the market with the West’s militaries. The US Army is now moving from the previous version of its M68 Close Combat Optic, the legendary Aimpoint CompM2 to the Aimpoint CompM4s variant of the M4. The Aimpoint CompM4 red dot sight, and its low battery compartment stablemate the M4s, are the best red dot sights so far produced by Aimpoint®. They include key improvements, including phenomenal battery life – up to 8 years on a single AA battery!
Optional battery compartment height
To suit user preference, the CompM4 series of sights are available in two versions:
- The CompM4 with a high battery compartment shown on this page.
- The CompM4s offers a low battery compartment.
The CompM4 and CompM4s are otherwise identical.
Supplied complete and ready to use
The CompM4 sight comes complete with a QRP2 mount and standard AR15 spacer. Quick detachable and cantilevered mounts are available. A killFlash® anti-reflection device and MILSPEC flip-up rubber lens covers are also included.
The CompM4 sight features an integral mount that eliminates the need for a separate ring, and can be customized with vertical and forward spacers to fit a variety of weapon systems. A quick detachable upgrade is available.
Designed for night vision compatability
The CompM4 was designed from the outset to be used with night vision in hunting, law enforcement and military scenarios.
The CompM4 sight will perform excellently with all generations of night vision devices (NVDs), but is ideally suited to 3rd generation technology.
Ultimate image clarity and brightness
Aimpoint has coated the front lens with a unique coating that reflects the dot’s frequency of red light at near 100% efficiency to ensure the highest possible dot brightness with the least amount of energy while other wavelengths in the visible and near-infrared part of the spectrum are transmitted with a minimum of reduction. This provides the clearest, brightest image possible when used with a 3rd generation Night Vision Device (NVD).
Adaptable to all lighting conditions
With 7 night vision-compatible and 9 daylight brightness settings, including one extra-bright setting, the CompM4 sight is ready for round the clock use.
Unique features of the CompM4
- High battery compartment
Unique features of the CompM4 and CompM4s
- Compatible with every generation of NVD
- ACET technology allows up to 80,000 hours (over 8 years) of daytime operation on one AA battery
- Internal voltage regulator allows the CompM4 to be used with any AA size battery
- 7 NVD settings and 9 daylight settings
- QRP2 mount has twice the clamping force of the original QRP, and the mounting knob is wider and shorter to improve operation and lower the risk of snagging on other gear
- Mount base is keyed into to the body of the sight to absorb recoil
- Mount base screws directly into the sight – no separate sight ring required.
- 500,000 hours of use on NVD setting
- 2 MOA dot for close combat and long distance engagement
- Matches perfectly with Aimpoint® 3XMag
- Unequalled light transmission
- Front lens opening is threaded for addition of killFlash® anti-reflective device
- Submersible to 150 feet (45 meters)
- Vertical spacer included
- CompM4S variant type classified as the U.S. Army’s new M68CCO
- Improved adjustment caps are easier to remove and protected against impact
- Can be used with a carry handle adapter for use on all M16 rifles
- Mechanical switch for speed and reliability
Standard features for all Aimpoint® sights
- Unlimited field of view
- Parallax-free and unlimited eye relief
- Unaffected by extreme weather conditions
- Rugged, durable construction
- No hazardous materials
- No laser emission that could be harmful to your eyes
- Increased aiming confidence
|Technology||ACET (Advanced Circuit Efficiency Technology)|
|Working principle||Reflex collimator sight – red dot sight|
|Lightsource||LED (Light Emitting Diode) totally eye-safe|
|Lightsource wavelength||650 mn red light|
|Red dot size in MOA (minute of angle)*||2|
|Parallax||Absence of parallax – No centering required|
|Night vision compatibility||Yes|
|Anti-reflex coating all surfaces & multi-layer coating objective lens||Yes|
|Magnification||No magnification (1X)|
|Battery||One AA battery, accepts 1.5-5V – high battery compartment|
|Battery life in hours **||80 000 (over 8 years of continuous use)|
|Battery life in hours **at NVD settings ***||500 000|
|Dot intensity adjustment||Manual rotary switch – high switch location|
|Daylight (DL) settings||9 DL of which one extra bright|
|NVD settings||7 NVD|
|Material housing||Extruded high strength aluminum|
|Surface finish||Hard anodized, matte|
|Adjustment 1 click||16mm at 100m, (1/2” at 80yds)|
|Mounting methods||Integrated QRP2 – (Quick release)|
|Temperature range||-45° – +71° C, (50°- +160° F)|
|Water resistance – submersible to||45m, (150ft)|
|Radioactive components used||None|
|Width/height sight only||53 x 60mm, (2.1” x 2.4”)|
|Width/height including mount||72 x 72mm, (2.8” x 2.8”)|
|Maximum ring width||50|
|Weight sight only||265g, (9.3oz)|
|Weight sight with integrated mount||335g, (11.8oz)|
* 1 MOA ≈ 30 mm at 100 meters ≈ 1″ at 100 yards.
** at room temperature & at setting 12 out of 16 – (Figures valid for a good quality 1.5V) alkaline AA battery).
*** Night Vision Device.
Specifications are subject to change without notice.
Check the price of the Aimpoint CompM4 at Brownells, a name you can trust.
Purchase an Aimpoint CompM4 red dot sight from Brownells and I will receive an affiliate commission that helps keep this site going. It will not affect your purchase price.